- Accepted at Management Science: Global Financial Cycle, Household Credit, and Macroprudential Policies (with Irina Mihai, Camelia Minoiu and José-Luis Peydró)
- PI of a project from La Caixa Social Research
- Quick reads
- How effective start-up governance attracts investors
- Do owners pressure for more or less corporate social performance? (on a top cited article in Global Strategy Journal during 2021-2022)
- Conferences co-organized
- Entrepreneurship Summer Forum, June, annually
- Journal of Law, Finance, and Accounting Conference, July 2022
Mircea Epure is Associate Professor (Serra Húnter Prof. Agregat) at the Department of Economics and Business at Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF). He is also Affiliated Professor at the Barcelona School of Economics and the UPF-Barcelona School of Management, where he directs the Business Analytics MSc track. He has a PhD in Business Economics and Administration from Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (a European Doctoral Program jointly organized with Växjö [now Linnaeus] University, Sweden). He has visited Växjö University in Sweden and IESEG School of Management in France, and has taught at the Toulouse Business School.
Epure is interested in governance and control, entrepreneurship, and corporate performance. His research was published in leading business and economics journals. Epure’s work attracted funding from national institutions, La Caixa Foundation, and the CEIBS Cathay Cross-border Private Equity Research Fund. It was cited in The Oxford Handbook of Corporate Law and Governance and World Bank studies, spotlighted among top cited articles, and nominated for an award by the International Corporate Governance Society. His articles have been featured on the Columbia Law School Blue Sky Blog and in the press releases of the Strategic Management Society, among other media outlets.
He teaches graduate and undergraduate courses on Organizations and Markets, and Management Accounting and Control in Barcelona, and invited graduate lectures such as at U. of Padua and the Institutional & Organizational Economics Academy.